Monday, June 29, 2009

Oh the joys of Cadbury Mini Eggs and finding pumpkin plants growing by your sidewalk

After dinner tonight I was craving something for dessert with chocolate. We don't have a lot, so I grabbed some Thin Mints out of the freezer and that was going to have to do....until, tada! I found a package of Cadbury Mini Eggs hidden in the cupboard I was saving for such an occasion!


Another bonus: Serving size is 12 mini eggs... I think I have had ten so far so that means at least two more...yes!


The other day I was watering my plants outside in front of the house....the Dahlia's are doing wonderful and should start blooming in about a week. I am very happy about that. The pansies we got at the Home Show are all doing well too...they turned out to be purple, white and yellow. Whoops, I digressed. Anyways, as I was watering I saw right next to the sidewalk where we carved pumpkins last year a little pumpkin plant growing! (The picture is right where it grew)


Granted, it could also be a squash, but I am pretty sure from the looks of it, its a pumpkin. I transplanted it to my flowerbed yesterday and I checked on it today and its doing well. I hope it grows...how fun would it be to have a 2nd generation pumpkin! Although, if that does happen, I am sure the deer and rabbits and squirrels will be after it, but still.


When I was younger I did a 4-H project involving pumpkins. I planted one seed in polluted soil, and one in regular soil. The one in polluted soil did much better than the one in regular soil. Granted, I was not a scientist so the controls were not all in place, but whatever I polluted the soil with, that pumpkin seemed to thrive on it. Now that I think about it, the same thing happened at our old house...where, a pumpkin grew where we threw an old one....hmmm...I wonder if God is trying to tell me something via the pumpkin plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment