Friday, August 7, 2009

"I am a lone reed"...

Yes, I am watching one of the all-time classic movies: You've Got Mail

This movie has such great quotes..."Sometimes I wonder about my life...I lead a small life, valuable but small, and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it? Or because I haven't been brave?...I don't really want an answer...I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void..."

On Thursday we went to the Stockyard Days Parade in New Brighton...here's Mom and Nathan sharing some fries....I just realized that Nathan reminds me of Stormy. When there is food around, he sits still, puts on his "cute" face, and is an angel.


Here come the firetrucks! Nathan was in his glory...

Group pic! Anna and Nathan were chowing on the few pieces of candy the big kids didn't steal from us...


Cute hats for cute kids!! Seeing Nathan in this picture makes me want to go and give him a huge hug and snuggle with him in his bed...


So, this very strange man dressed in a very strange costume came up to me (all after Karen yelled, "Who the hell are you supposed to be?!") and said, "Only beautiful girls get carrots" or something or another and handed me this big carrot. I said, "are you serious?" And he goes, "its just a carrot." It creeped me out. I chucked it.



Ants view.

We were supposed to head out to the beach today to take Nathan swimming, but it rained pretty much all day. Nathan was such a crank at 9AM and totally had ants in his pants, so we decided to try Eagle's Nest out in New Brighton. At first he was so scared of the ball pit..but at the end he refused to get out of it, and cried "balls! balls! Balls!" as we walked out of the play area.



He screamed with delight everytime he got the ball in the hoop...it was contagious! I found myself just laughing and laughing...






No comments:

Post a Comment