Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cranky Almost Two-Year Old

This morning I woke up with a sense of dread...I just didn't know how I was going to handle the day...as Chris was getting ready for work I pondered: how can I be on this conference call for work from 9-10, watch Nathan and have him behave quietly (he is still is not 100% from this latest flu/cold bug), and handle the furniture delivery (anytime between 9:30 - 11:30)!

I shared my thoughts with Chris, and he offered to stay home and help.   What a wonderful thing!  Nathan was up...but Daddy said he would watch him, and so I went right back to sleep.

I got up shortly before my conference call, took a showever, and grabbed some coffee.  Thank goodness Daddy was home, because my Verizon calling number did not work, and as I scrambled to get something else figured out and somehow contact everyone, the furniture delivery people showed up early.  Fortunately someone else on the call had a number we could use, and I didn't have to balance 5 things at once. 

Because everything turned out so well, and Nathan was in such a cheerful mood, I decided maybe we could go get his two year pictures taken.  Last time, at 18 months, it was alittle more difficult than the time before...he was kind of scared, and didn't really want to sit on the ledge, but we still got some cute pics.  This time, however, was really hard.  Nathan was really happy to be there...so long as he was in the corner, with the bucket of toys.  He didn't want to sit on that ledge without toys and smile for the scary lady (who was not scary at all, but he didn't seem to like her).  And he was kind of good for a few moments when we gave him a soccer ball...but, he didn't want to let go of it.  He just wasn't happy.  And then the tears came...and who wants pictures of a kid that was just crying? 

We left.  I was really sad.

We are going to try again tomorrow...but not there.  Part of the problem was there is that Nathan saw a lot of toys when we walked in, and immediately wanted to run over next to them to play.  When I took  him somewhere else, he wasn't happy.  I don't know if anywhere else will be better, but we'll see.  The 2 year pictures may have to be done at home otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment