Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hobbies

I don't think I have too many  hobbies.  But, maybe I do?  I do have a lot of things I enjoy, but I hate leaving a hobby unfinished.

In quilting, they have a name for all of your unfinished projects - UFO's.  I love quilting, and I just got my latest fabric bundle for my next class - its Bright Batiks!  Totally not Renee-like at all, but I wanted to try something new and different.  The first class I took it was 30's, the next class was civil war, and this class is Bright Batiks!  I so want to run downstairs right now and start -- but I know I should be starting the cleaning, or that I will be tired in probably an hour, or that I will sit there and stare at the fabrics without doing anything because I am full from dinner....

My point is, I need large blocks of time for my projects.  And that's hard.  And when we have another baby,  its going to be harder and harder. 

So, maybe I should narrow the projects down? 

Quilting - gotta keep the occasional sewing project
Scrapbooking - gotta keep that, I do that to save Nathan's memories!
Crocheting - I can do this while watching t.v. so why stop?  Its a two for one deal here...
Blogging - Okay, so maybe I could cut this out.  I don't write that often, but I do read blogs all the time.  (Maybe I should do this over my lunch break?) 
Facebook - I have pretty much cut this one out already.  Facebook has become a place where everyone you ever knew suddenly wants to be your "friend" but not really.  Its okay for the people I actually want to talk to, and for friends far away, but other than that, its gotten totally annoying. 
Cooking - I do love to cook and try new things and recipes...this fall I have tried a new chili recipe, a new pumpkin bar recipe, a new squash recipe...but I can't really cut that out, can I? 
Exercising - Not really a good thing to cut out, if anything, I should cut more in
TV watching - Definately should decrease this...maybe I will work on that as well.   

What do others cut out when they feel they have too much on their plate?  Sleep?  I won't be able to function if I do that.  Either way, I have to become more organized so I can either do more, or, just cut some things out and pack them up and put them away. 

I have a week of work off in a few weeks, which means three days of whatever I want to do.  My original plan was to scrapbook for those three days (uninterrupted!), but now I have to paint some stuff in the bathroom (we replaced a fixture), and I have to figure out a cake for Nathan's birthday, and schedule his 2-year appointment and call and ask what vaccines he's getting, and get my hair done (wanted to highlight with red again), and start getting some stuff ready for winter around here...so, I dunno...maybe i will figure it all out...maybe not...

No comments:

Post a Comment