Monday, November 23, 2009

Today's projects....

So, yes, this is my 3rd post today, but I am anxiously awaiting Nathan and Daddy coming home because Chris volunteered to take Nathan to the doctor today for me.  I know it can take a long time...and I am trying NOT to call his cell so another post is a good distraction. 

I really should go finish the laundry...but laundry is a quiet task that doesn't challenge my mind and my thoughts will wander to worries. 

Anyways, I sewed the binding on my second baby quilt with the machine, so now I just have to hand-stitch it on.  I am really tired of how flannel sucks the moisture out of your hands when you work with it! My hands feel so dry afterwards. 

Here's a picture of Nathan's stocking I finished recently:




I also used up the leftover strawberry marshmallows from Nathan's birthday cupcakes and made him some Rice  Krispy treats - hopefully they will cheer him up after his visit to the doctor this afternoon. 




Look at this pretty Christmas fabric - its going to become placemats for gifts - JoAnn had 60% on Christmas fabrics yesterday so I couldn't go wrong. I wanted to do all blues, but the blues were mostly light blue so I went with classic Christmas colors.  I'll post pics when they are done.




Just talked to Daddy - doctor said his cough is just a cough!  Good news.  Also, he is in the 97th percentile for weight, the 98th percentile for height, and the 75th for head size.  So, I guess he is a big boy (which, honestly, we knew). 

Here is my Christmas present from Anne and Gary for last year...it got finished a few weeks ago and is in our entryway...isn't it nice?:




No comments:

Post a Comment