Friday, December 18, 2009

Butternut Squash Muffins

I still have a lot of squash.  I have a whole container cooked up in the fridge that did not go into squash soup last week, so, tonight after dinner I decided to make them.  I never have before but I figured it would taste like a pumpkin/bran/carrotcake muffin or something.

Nathan decided to help.  He is slightly distracting, however, I can't blame it on him.  Here are the ingredients:

1/2 pound peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon butter, melted

I wish the recipe was written like that above, because yes, I did forget to add the sugar.  These things are disgusting!  Chris says he will eat them if there is frosting...umm....i really don't think so.  They taste like spice but with no flavor...does that make sense?  Probably not.

So much for squash muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment