Saturday, December 5, 2009

I love Christmas...

And I simply don't understand why people turn into such scrooges this time of year.  It's time to celebrate! 

I love the Christmas lights, the cookies baked, the ornaments on the trees, the stockings hung, the presents wrapped....its been snowing lately, let's have more!  We need a white Christmas, and its only 20 days away! 

Each thing is a wonderful reminder that no matter how crummy the world gets, Jesus came to save us!

I am so tired of hearing that putting up lights is too much work, or that the snow is "cold" and that they hate shoveling, or that since they won't be home for Christmas Day, there is no reason to decorate. 

Its the Advent season people!  Prepare!  Put up some lights - put some JOY in your heart - its okay!  You will feel some much better when you do....as one of my favorite Christmas songs says "You need a little Christmas!"

Haul out the holly;
Put up the tree before my spirit falls again.
Fill up the stocking,
I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now!!!!


For we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute,
Candles in the window,
Carols at the spinet.


Yes, we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute.
It hasn't snowed a single flurry,
But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry;


So climb down the chimney;
Put up the brightest string of lights I've ever seen.
Slice up the fruitcake;
It's time we hung some tinsel on that evergreen bough.


For I've grown a little leaner,
Grown a little colder,
Grown a little sadder,
Grown a little older,


And I need a little angel
Sitting on my shoulder,
Need a little Christmas now.


For we need a little music
Need a little laughter
Need a little singing
Ringing through the rafter


And we need a little snappy
"Happy ever after"
Need a little Christmas now

No comments:

Post a Comment