Monday, December 21, 2009

Mama said there'd be days like these....

I just seem to be going from one thing to the next today....when I came home and saw Chris, who I made stay home since he is still fighting a cold that really did him in, he was holding a bottle of Nature's Miracle - only he was upstairs.  I said, "where did he pee?" And he answer, "the family room". 

Many tears, and I mean, many tears later, I talked with my brother Kevin, who then called Dad, who then called me and gave me my options.  I felt a little better after that, so I decided to pick up Nathan early from daycare.

We got home and I was making him some dinner, he started crying badly and he had fallen down.  That happens a lot, but as I look at him there is blood all over his eyebrow, pouring down his eye, over his face...oh man....

A few minutes later and I could see it was not as severe as I first thought...a nice cut right on his eyebrow...the bleeding stopped pretty much after five/ten minutes, but it still isn't totally done seeping here a couple hours later. 

My dad stopped by, so I made him look at it.  I was glad for his opinion, he said he definately didn't need a stitch and even if you got one it probably wouldn't do much.  I didn't even think the stitches he got this summer helped that much, so that was good to hear.  I really didn't want to rush to Urgent Care by myself tonight. 

Anyways, we are trying another round of antibiotics on Roary to make sure no infection, but I am pretty sure this has now become behavioral, one of my worst fears when it comes to cats.  My favorite cat and family pet growing up (his name was #2) also had issues like this and had to be taken away.  It felt today like it was all coming back again, only this time, I was the bad guy who is ultimately going to have to make the bad decision.  I hope not.  I hope this other stuff works.  He is also going to go on anti-anxiety meds for awhile. 

Argh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment