Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Nathan the Gopher....

The other day I was making dinner, and I needed an onion.  The onions are downstairs in the basement, in the laundry room, on a shelf (still haven't purchased them in seven months--yae for gardens!).  Also down there are the potatoes.  I said to Nathan, "Nathan?  Will you go get me an onion?"  Nathan said, "yeah" and he headed downstairs.  The lights were off, no one was down there, and he always cries when he goes down there and its lonely and dark.  I stopped paying attention figuring he would be back in two seconds doing something else. 

So, you can imagine my surprise when he walked into the kitchen and goes, 'Here Mama' and hands me an onion.  I was so happy.  One, my little boy is growing up and becoming more independent, and two, Mommy didn't have to go get it --  weeeee!  I wonder if it's too early to start asking him to take out the trash...

Two nights ago he was so sweet to me as well - I had just gotten out of the bath after a very rough day (tears were involved).  I was laying by my computer but didn't have socks on my feet, and he came upstairs, saw my feet and proclaimed "oh no!", and then I watched him go into my sock drawer (how did he know that was my sock drawer?) and get a pair of socks and then he brought them to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment