Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sniffles again...

Both Nathan and I came down with a cold on Wednesday, mostly sniffles, congestion, and coughing.  We are both better (Nathan keeps BEGGING me to go upstairs with him to find his fire truck...). 

That kid almost gave me a panic attack last night...Nathan and I were home alone, and he was in the sitting room and playing on the piano.  I was in the family room, and then Nathan was calling for me.  I walked over to find him ON TOP of the piano!   I ran over and pulled him down.  Why he climbed up the piano, I am not sure, but I think he was looking for that little button we kept on there to turn on the Christmas tree (which is down now, so I am not sure if that was it or not). 

He also got a step stool so that he can reach the sink and start practicing to wash his hands himself and brush and spit out the toothpaste.   Well, he just loves that little stool...carries it everywhere, turns on all the lights and ceiling fans, uses it to get onto the couch...pure trouble! 

I was pretty annoyed last night by men (in general, and at one particularily who hurt my sister...) so I had a fit of domestic-ness and made fried donut holes around 10 PM.  Now, anyone who knows me knows I am usually asleep at 10PM, having gone to bed much before that (lately I am not ashamed to say I am always ready for bed by 8, and in bed by 9.) so it was quite unusual (right Mel?!!).  I don't know why making fried donut holes made me feel better, but they tasted like growing up, my mom, and care-free days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment