Sunday, February 14, 2010

If I don't love it, and don't wear it, why do I keep it?

I really don't know.  That's what I kept saying to myself over and over again as I went through all the clothes in my closet and in my drawers.

Even things I knew didn't fit - tops especially...too short, or sleeves too narrow.  Surprisingly though, I did find an ancient pair of jean shorts, Size 7, with "R"'s written on the inside tag and waistband.  Clearly, this pair of jeans was old...so, I tried them on,...well, I tried to try them on, they were only Size 7...but, I am pretty sure Size 7 is a Juniors Size, so I couldn't even get them over my hips!  To the donation pile they went.  And lots of Chenille sweaters...I remember for awhile there, that's all there was to buy..Chenille this or Chenille that.  I threw out two, but kept at least two or three...why do we have a hard time parting with stuff?  It's just stuff.  And its not like its made to last...most of it is worn out. 

Today started off as a high-anxiety day....thus, the cleaning of the closet....along with some quiet time with God.  I feel a little better now, and am trying to let go and give it all to Him.  It's hard though, and I get scared when I get alone with my worrisome thoughts.   I can't wait to hold this baby in my arms.  *sigh*

I messed up when I went to the grocery store on Friday - I had left Roary in the car (he had to go to the vet with me after) and so I was hurrying.  I wanted to get two good steaks for Chris and I for dinner tonight.  Our usual Valentine's Day for at least the past 7 or 8 years has been a Taco Bell dinner.  But, that didn't seem right for a Sunday night.  But, I thought I grabbed myself a NY strip, but instead, grabbed myself a ribeye - which, I am not sure how that will cook up/taste/grill.  I hope it's good!  I got Chris a Tbone, one of his favorites.  We are also having mushrooms and garlic bread.  Num.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment: