Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sweet Potato Burritos

These were actually really good...I shouldn't have eaten two, but I did, and I figured with the low-carb tortilla's I used (net 10g carbs vs. 35g regular) I figured it was okay. 

Here is the recipe, courtesy of Allrecipes...but I changed it below for what I actually did:

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups canned black beans
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
4 teaspoons prepared spicy brown mustard
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (not even hot at all with this much)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
8 ounces shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2.  Mash beans to desired consistency.  Heat oil in a medium skillet, and saute onion and garlic until soft. Remove from heat, and stir in the beans, chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce.

3.Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the warm flour tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold up tortillas burrito style, and place on a baking sheet.

4.Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment