Monday, March 29, 2010

Ragtime quilt and hardanger

I have lots of projects in the queue.  I like to keep lots of things going...but occasionally, a project here or there starts to feel like a chore.  That's what this Ragtime quilt started to feel like...I did most of the sewing over a year ago when I made my sister a quilt...but I made too many squares, so I had a lot left over.  But, not enough to finish, so I had to buy some more fabric.  Finally on Sunday I made myself sit down at my new sewing table (oh I should post a picture of that!) with my new sewing light (a Christmas gift from Christopher) and finish.

All pieced together and quilted!


As you can see, I have some cutting to do to give it that raggy look.  I also made it about a foot and a half longer than our other quilt like this, so Christopher's toes would be fully covered. 


This is my hardanger after cutting!  Once I got the hang of it, it really wasn't so bad, you just have to pay attention.  But, cutting the first few threads out was pretty scary - I kept looking, and counting, and double-checking.  My mom thought it was nice too, but she had a good point:  What do you do with it when its done? 


1 comment:

  1. Nice, looks a bit like one I got from a relative in Norway.

    It's kind of like the doily phenomenon. Doesn't always fit into modern ways of decorating. I have one under our little TV and take turns with using stuff like that as a table centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete