Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sand Castles

Sand castles are one of those things you can spend hours on making, and then some creep can just walk over and smash it. 

Why bother in the first place?  Some days, its just because you get paid to...

That's how I feel tonight anyways.  One of my clients, we will call him Charlie, wanted some drafts of his tax returns today.  Charlie is very picky, and provides most of his information in a good format.  But, because Charlie is picky, he gets mean.  Well, I guess there are picky people who aren't mean about it, but Charlie is.  If everything isn't exactly perfect on his returns, he insults you using backhanded comments. 

He isn't the only one. 

I have so many good clients I love talking to...I get calls from them, and they just cheer me up.  Doing what I do involves a  lot of communication and going back and forth with people, asking questions, and trying to get the right information into the right place.  It also involves a lot of planning and getting to know people, and what's going on in their lives.

That's why clients like Charlie are hard.  Some clients just want to hand you a pile of information and expect you to know everything.  Or to contact their secretary.  Or bank teller.  Or ex-wife.  Or dog walker.  Okay, so I made the last one up, but I have had to contact some random people in my time! 

I wish the Charlie's of the world would get an attitude change, or either that, just go away.  I am tired of dealing with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment