Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Busy busy....but it must be what God wants...

I have really been busy lately.   Whew.  You always think once you are done being busy with one thing (like, work for me) that suddenly you will have all this "free time".  It's just not happening though.

I kept busy all weekend with things, including some work on my list of projects (which I really need to post pictures of, sorry), and work is just crazy busy again.  On the way home tonight I was like, why am I so busy?  What is causing this?  Is it me and my sudden loss of planning capabilities? 

And the answer just came to me -- God is helping me with my worries. 

...anyone who truly knows me knows I am a worry-wart.  I have accepted it as part of me, and I have worked on it for some time.  But, no matter how good I am at dealing with it, it's there.  Chris likes to call me the "worst-case scenario girl".  It's true.   Naturally, being pregnant tends to make this worse for me, as I am now worrying about another little life. 

So, I have been praying most mornings that God would help me throughout the day.  Some mornings start out harder than others, and today did not start out well.  I didn't sleep much, had nightmares (pregnancy causes such vivid dreams)...Nathan woke up crying about his bunny...etc... 

I wanted to pout this morning about it, but there wasn't time. 

I wanted to whine to Chris about the state of my desk this morning when I got into work (can we say FILES EVERYWHERE with little sticky notes saying "need this ASAP"?)...but there wasn't time. 

I wanted to go over to a friends desk and talk about how this job stinks, but there wasn't time...

I wanted to tell off the other pregnant girls in the office because they were whining about trivial things, but there wasn't time....

I wanted to google a random worry I had about the baby...but there wasn't time...

I am glad there wasn't time.  God knows what He is doing, even when it wears us out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment