Sunday, April 18, 2010

I will sail my vessel...

till the river runs dry...
like a bird upon the wind,
these waters are my sky
I'll never reach my destination, if I never try...

I bounce back and forth between peace and uneasiness, happiness and sadness with this pregnancy.  (I don't know if anyone else feels like this, if they do, they don't seem to talk about it.)  The uncertainty brings me stress (will the baby be healthy?  will everything go as well as before?) and I wonder if I made the right choice..our family seems so perfect right now...but then I was listening to some music, and this song came on, and it was comforting...

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all...


I guess you never know how things will turn out...today's theme, as seems to be my theme everyday of this pregnancy is, "Trust me."  That's what I hear from God, over and over again.  "Trust me."  And I think it's because God knows I suck at it.  seriously.  I do.  How many times do I focus on the negative?  How many times do I plan for the worst-case scenario?  How many times do I google things over and over again? 

I wonder why it's such an easy thing to say "trust me", but such an incredibly hard thing to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment