Tuesday, May 25, 2010

5.25.10


I couldn't think of anything more exciting for a title.

On Friday night, Nathan and I anxiously awaited Daddy's arrival home from work...we had gotten him his birthday present early (a new tackle box) so he could use it for his big fishing trip this weekend. 


Of course, Nathan was just so very happy he could sit next to the plate of cookies...which, he helped himself to, twice! 

Then we had to get the deck cleaned off for staining...Nathan says over and over again, "I help too!  I help.  Look Mama, me help Dada and Kevin."


As a complete aside, Nathan must have once seen Daddy go into the drawer where we keep packets of ketchup, hot sauce, mustard, etc., left over from restaurants one morning and put one into his work bag.  Lately, everytime Nathan remembers before we all head out for the day, he goes to the drawer, takes out a packet of sauce, and says, "Daddy, you need this..." and puts it in Chris' bag.

Chris said he isn't sure where they go though, since he hasn't found any yet...but then again, he also says he hasn't looked. 


Also on Friday night, we moved Nathan to the big bed.  I went out and got him some sheets he would like (Cars) to help with the transition.  I had told him earlier and a few days before it would happen soon - he cried a few times, but once we put this big bed in his room, he was more than happy to jump off of it.

It took about two seconds for him to start calling it "me bed!".  He wouldn't stand still long enough for me to get a good shot. 


YES, I KNOW IT'S GREEN. 

So, here are the first two colors we painted.  The green on the right is gone...as I ended up in tears around 3PM on Saturday afternoon when I realized it was horrible and was mad at myself for even allowing myself to buy it.  I knew it wasn't going to be good, but I thought I would go with it, you know, step outside of my comfort zone, have a vibrant room, go with my husband's choice...even he said it was a little bit too much. 

I am hesitant to post pictures of the final product, or take pictures yet, until its all done.   So far, the only thing people can say when they see it is, "It's green."  Which, I think is another way to say they don't like it.  I have to say after sitting it in for awhile now, I do like it, and it will only get better once the furniture is all set-up and there are things in there. 


1 comment:

  1. The one on the left is very nice - soothing. That was pretty daring for you guys. You never know until you try, and the great thing about paint is that you can always redo it if it doesn't turn out the way you'd like. It is really hard to choose a color at the store - I had to do patches on the kitchen wall in different shades. It took about 3 or 4 before I found what I was looking for. The main thing is that you guys like it, don't worry about other people.

    ReplyDelete