Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Potty training won't be an easy thing for this family....

Did I mention a few posts ago that Nathan didn't seem to understand what it was to pee?  Well, let me tell you, over the weekend, he learned.

and he learned he doesn't like it.

so he holds it.

and cries.

and whimpers.

 and does the potty dance for hours.

On Saturday he went #1 and #2 in the potty - but as he did each, he was in tears....we thought we were making progress....  We weren't  forcing him to go on the potty, usually he asked.

On Sunday he started really acting up - whimpering, holding it, saying his butt hurt...argh.  We kept telling him to just let it come, but nope, nothing.

On Monday we picked him up from daycare and he was a diaster.  He cried and whined all night, and told me he "didn't want it to come out".  ut oh.  we realized we had a major problem.

At about 10PM, I called my mom for advice.  This is after hours of Nathan crying and whimpering, and he wouldn't eat. 

She said, "he can't hold it forever!" and advised me just to give him some prunes to make it easier to get out.  So, at about 10:30, as Nathan was half asleep, half crying/whining in pain, we force fed him baby prunes.  NOT FUN.

Finally, about 1AM I turned the AC way down, hoping it would help Nathan sleep.  About 1:30, he finally conked out.  I was hoping he would pee while he slept, and he did. 

Tuesday and Wednesday were better (we hid the potty and stopped talking about it completely), and we are slowly making some progress.  He still whimpered last night when he felt like he had to pee, but I told him it was "Okay" and then he said to me, "Mommy!  I did it!  I peed in my diaper!".  So, I guess we will see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment