Sunday, August 8, 2010

What's been happening....

Here's a summary of our week since Tuesday....

*Spent most of the day Wednesday moping about as I really wasn't feeling well at all...maybe a touch of the baby blues? 

*Took another trip to doctor's office on Thursday but this time for me - avoiding TMI (don't want to scare away my five readers), everything turned out fine. 

*Made bacon broccoli salad with fresh broccoli from MIL's garden:  2nd time this year - very good!

*Had a good cry on Thursday night and a really good talk with husband.  I love him!  He is the best and is so reasonable when I am an emotional wreck. 

*Decided on Friday to be productive and quit moping about...my sister came over and we scrapbooked and laughed and spent way too much time trying to decide what paper looked best on certain pages...

*Was craving cold turkey sandwiches...you know, like, day after Thanksgiving ones.  Went to grocery store and bought a turkey.  Turkey leaked all over the conveyer belt while I was waiting in line at the register...lady behind me in line at the store was disgusted, told me it was leaking all over, shook her head at me, and got in another lane.  Seriously, like I knew it was leaking! 

*Went home and made turkey.  Ate cold turkey sandwiches.  Now have a LOT of leftover turkey -- going to make Day After Thanksgiving Hotdish sometime this week (but its so frickin' hot out its hard to heat up the oven!). 

*Made gravy from turkey drippings.  Splashed hot gravy on accident all over self including face and neck - thanked God that night that more did not got on my face and that I was wearing a tshirt with a higher neck - only one bad burn on face that should heal well...

*Ate Oreos with Nathan without thinking about carbs after that...(and drank an Ace Pear Cider)...




*Asked Evan if he wanted one and he didn't answer...although, he seemed content...



*Went to Mom's on Saturday for the morning with the boys...did a little hardanger stitching while Nathan and Grandma picked veggies...its that time of year again!  Delish tomatoes are plentiful!


*Slept in and relaxed this morning with my family....


*Set up the pool for Nathan and he got quite wet!



*Ate a classic Renee and Christopher dinner - hotdogs/sausage, rice, sauteed veggies with cheese - haven't had for ages for fear of white rice....



*Going to do some praying how...then heading to bed....

No comments:

Post a Comment