Monday, September 6, 2010

Quiet Monday followed by Baptism Sunday...

It was a busy weekend!...Saturday Chris was over to my parents helping bale hay, and Nathan went to Grandma's for a bit so I could make an attempt at my first homemade cheesecake...

which turned out great (the crust wasn't the best but the cheesecake was delish) but I forgot to take a picture and alas, it is all eaten now! 

Godfather Kevin with family - it was a special day even though it went by quickly...

It was a long morning for Nathan...two hours of sitting still in church and he was getting ancy!!

They didn't finish baling hay on Saturday, so they were going to go to the baptism Sunday, and then to our house for  "quick" lunch, and then back home to bale.  We didn't want people to rush, so we had people over in the evening rather than in the afternoon, and it worked out better - the kids got naps, I had more time to prep/clean and I also took a nap, and everyone got their work done.
Grandma and Evan...he loves snuggling -- we had a hard time putting him to bed last night because he just wanted to be held...

The spread...burgers and other stuff...
Chief cook and bottle washer...
I think everyone had a great time...

The mosquitos this week are still out in droves, despite the drop in the temperature.  And now they have started flocking into the house, which is worse...we are killing mosquitos every night - even Nathan kept calling me to his room the other night telling me there was a mosquito in there...finally I found it and killed it. 

I think today we will be relaxing and spending time indoors...maybe I can find some time to work on a project...

No comments:

Post a Comment