Monday, October 4, 2010

Halloween is coming...

We have been asking Nathan the past few months what he would like to be for Halloweeen.  At frist he said Mickey Mouse...then he said a racecar...but the last 50 times he has said the same thing:  a big blue M&M.  So, Grandma is making that costume. 

I found this picture online of a bag of Peanut M&M's that a baby could be...but they don't make them anymore, so I decided to make Evan's costume this year myself.  Actually, I just decided this on Friday. 

Then, I went to JoAnn fabric and got the felt.  Total cost = $6 (all 40% off).  Plus a bag of Peanut M&M's for inspiration and guidance.

 I copied and enlarged the copy of the bag of m&m's to get the right font.

 Roary tried to take over.

 I got out the paper and then cut out the felt.

 And I hand appliqued most everything on, except for the big pieces, which I used my machine.  I didn't spend time wanting it to be perfect...I just wanted it to be secure. 
I loved it. I loved making the m&m's!  I really do like applique...even when its with something cheap like felt.

All finished!  The easy thing with felt is no worrying about the edges..so I just cut out two arm holes and a hole for his head and we are done.  I may not even worry about how to close up the back...considering he will only be wearing it for an hour or so.  Oh how cute my little peanut m&m is going to be alongside his big blue brother!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Crafty! I want to see a picture of him in the costume...he'll make a cute little peanut!

    ReplyDelete