Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Last year we had 2.5 inches of snow on this day...

Today I walked to Shell for a cup a coffee with Evan.  Usually I walk to Casey's, but Chris mentioned Shell's last night so I thought I would mix it up.  It was a disappointment, first thing learned today = Casey's General Store has better coffee.

Second thing learned = even though it is only 54 degrees out, wearing jogging pants plus a t-shirt doesn't mean you won't sweat a ton and get super hot and tired halfway through.  It was a two mile walk...hmm...maybe Evan didn't need a hat on either? 

Since it's autumn, I have been craving autumny foods.  I saw this on Allrecipes as I was reading how to cook real pumpkin (which I knew, but wanted to confirm):

Pumpkin Rolls

Cream cheese and pumpkin bread?  Doesn't it look good?  I doubt I will make it soon though since we won't be around to eat it. 

Yesterday it hit me that my maternity leave is going by super fast...and even though I have had a plethera of it, I am not feeling ready to leave Evan with others or to care about work.  I don't know if this will change or not once I go back.  It will be hard going back a few weeks before Christmas.  I just feel like my "plan" was always to bust my butt before I had kids, and then to work less and focus on them more.  And that worked probably a year after I had Nathan, and then work ramped up and this past year I was so busy I really feel like I didn't spend enough time with him, even though he and I were home two days a week - days I often spent working from home.    We'll have to see I guess - it's hard for working mom's! 

But my kids do crack me up...so do my cats, here is a pic of each in the past few days doing funny things:

A rarity:  snuggling together

Nathan asked if he could sleep on the floor.  I said Yes.  Here he is, in the corner, fast asleep, with his entire room piled underneath him. 

Pouting!  Too adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment