Saturday, October 2, 2010

Perceptions...

Lately whenever I "complain" about something to Chris (note the word is in quotations because I really don't think I am complaining...I would call it more advising...) he says that rather than working on changing his behavior, he needs to work on changing my perception of his behavior. 

Apparently he learned this at some training at work.   It makes me laugh because it's pretty much BS but at the same time...it also is partially true.... 

Lately I feel like I have been spending A LOT of time with the kids by myself.  Two weeks ago was a fishing trip, this weekend is duck hunting, and we have been busy with other things as well.  Most of the time I don't mind it....but I do get a little nuttier when I am home alone...so, I don't think it's just me thinking how things are rather than what they are...

For instance...poor Evan had to sit through about 50 photos the other night...I was trying to recreate this classic Mommy and Nathan picture:

Nathan almost three months old...
I remember why I took that first Mommy and Nathan picture in the first place...I was trying to decide if I was lookin' as bad as I thought or felt myself to be.  But I remember Nathan's face was so funny that I totally forgot how I was feeling down about myself and just started to laugh - and now I love that picture.

Unfortunately, Evan wouldn't pout.  And I am pretty sure after the first ten pictures, all of the flashy lights he was now seeing preoccupied him and he just stared off into space for the remainder of photos.  poor kid. 


Evan - two months


Poor Evan with crazy Mommy!
After the photo shoot with Evan...there may have been a beer in the fridge Chris put in there the previous night...and there may have been some drinking of it...and there may have been some pictures of me and the beer...and some laughing at myself as well...
 At least Evan thought I was funny!


giggling...
I love that little kids perceive their Mommy's to be the most beautiful, funny, wonderful people in the world...no matter how crummy, cranky, and crabby we get!

can't it stay that way forever?  maybe I should take a lesson from my kids AND my husband and work on changing my perception on a few things....

No comments:

Post a Comment