Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Quiet thoughts on a quiet evening...

I spent some time in silence today just thinking...realizing how "plugged in" lately I have been...but I think the wind howling last night and keeping me awake reminded me of how peaceful and quiet it can be...and to enjoy those moments.

Oh, it was a busy day for sure...up at 5 AM to feed the baby, get bread out to rise for lunch, bundling up two kids to take them to the doctor for back to back 7 AM appointments, only to wait for the doctor because due to the snow she was a half hour late, drop Nathan off at school, come home and clean and make lunch for four lovely ladies (and one toddler!) who were visiting Evan and I...and then the day was practically done...

and then I thought.... 

thought about going back to work *soon*, how much it has changed, and what I really want to do with the career part of my life...

thought about how much I have changed...and yet, stayed the same...

thought about how the seasons have completely changed...how after Evan was born I went to the beach on a hot summer day, and today it was snowing...

thought about how good those Glade Gingerbread candles smelled last year and how sad I was they weren't bringing them back this year...

thought about my dad and his difficult day today....

thought about my fingernails, and why I don't have any...

thought about my mom's new washing machine and how I should ask hubby if we are running low on salt..the water feels weird...

thought about Roary's tail...why is it so fluffy?  seriously? 

thought about going to the Wild Game on Saturday, and how I should seriously try to connect with Mel again tonight...

thought about my trip to Chicago coming in a few weeks, and how if the weather is like this the commute will be bad...

thought about my friend from Chicago a lot, and how different she is from another person I don't even want to call a friend anymore...and wondered about life and how it seems to favor some and not others...

No comments:

Post a Comment