Friday, October 29, 2010

Yes....I know it isn't even Halloween yet....

but I just can't help myself!

as soon as it starts to get chilly...I want to pull out the glitter and garland...the wrapping paper and bows...the red and green sugar for christmas cookies...

I hear people at the stores saying, "Argh, Christmas stuff already!  It isn't even Halloween!"

And when I hear that, I smile and say to myself..."Christmas stuff...finally!"  Sometimes I try to convince myself that I am normal, you know, that clearly I have to start early or I would never finish, or that soon I will have to go back to work so I better get it all done now, but in all honestly, I just love it, and the sooner it begins, the better. 

These aren't even all of them....
In fact, after we got married, and I mean, the month after we got married and were moving stuff into our house in October, I said, "why put the Christmas tree away since we will have to dig it out in a month?  Let's just put it out now and be done with it."  My reasoning seemed clearly practical, but deep down inside I was giggling that I was going to have my tree up so early.  And I know my husband knew that, but didn't say a word (gotta love him)....nor does he ever complain when perhaps a wreath or two pop up in September, or I start telling him in October to "ignore boxes" and "stay out of the closet"!

So, a few packages have arrived this week, and after a trip to Kohl's and Penney's today in search of a new purse (the lining on my current purse had ripped, along with an entire bottle of formula spilled in it, so I was definately due) where I saw Christmas displays, and lights, and ornaments, and candles, I came home, turned on Elvis and Bing and Burl Ives and wrapped gifts...
lovin' ribbons, bows, and shiny stuff...



 
 
paper and boxes and tape and scissors...


No comments:

Post a Comment