Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Requested recipes...

Here are a few of my latest requested recipes:

Crockpot cake

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding
16 ounce sour cream
3/4 cup oil
1 cup water
4 eggs
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips

Hand mix all the ingredients and pour into crockpot (spray generously).  Cook on low for five to six hours. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stromboli (adapted from a Taste of Home recipe (I actually found the original online just now - click here if you want that Stromboli)

5 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed (I use five loaves because they come in packages of 5)

1/2 pound thinly sliced deli salami
1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
1/2 pound thinly sliced pepperoni
1/2 pound thinly sliced turkey
3 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (if I don't use fresh, I use the whole container)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dried oregano (sometimes I use italian seasoning)
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (if you like things zesty)

Let dough rise until doubled, according to package directions.  Punch down. Roll each loaf into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Arrange a fourth of the salami, ham, pepperoni, turkey onto each rectangle. I sometimes make just a turkey one, or a ham one, or a turkey pepperonin one, you get the idea.  I never do the same thing.  Sprinkle each with the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, parsley and pepper. Honestly, I never measure the spices, I just sprinkle on what I think looks good. Put the red pepper on the ones you want to be spicy.  Roll up each rectangle jelly-roll style, beginning with a long side.  Seal seams and ends. Place seam side down on two greased baking sheets. If you are going for presentation, brush each with egg yolk. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Makes great leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment