Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wednesday into Thursday....

On Wednesday Nathan had a Thanksgiving Day party Charlie Brown style at school (popcorn, jellybeans, toast...you know, all the things Snoopy made in Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving) and after that I picked him up and we headed to Grandma's. 

I was planning on going to a Wild game that night with a friend, but the weather was supposedly going to be nasty (as usual, they were wrong...I don't know why anyone pays these people!) so I decided to head to my Mom's early.

On the way to Mom's, Nathan told me he didn't eat his salad at lunch. I told him he needed to eat his salad to grow big and strong.  He said, "But Mom, look at me, I already am!"  Well, who can argue with that?!

Once we got to my Mom's, I helped my brother Kevin put up the manger scene outside in the backyard for an hour or so...it was so nice out there...calm, quiet, with the snow falling down.  Nathan came out and helped us for a little bit, and then we did a little sledding after which he laughed but then told me, "I don't like that Mom."


Kevin and I made two trips that night...one to the liquor store, and one to the regular store for Cheetos (you can't have cold turkey sandwiches without Cheetos!).  We had dinner and then off to bed...excited for Thanksgiving morning.  Evan decided it should come a little earlier than I did, so we started it at 3AM.  Fortunately, he went back to sleep until Nathan decided it should start at 6:30 AM. 

Benny was up and at it...guarding the turkey really well and staying close in the kitchen.  It is great to see him like this since he has an ulcer and has been really sick. 

Some people, however, thought Thanksgiving morning came way too early...
just out of bed - classic Karen!
 Evan was busy attempting to get to some toys...no rolling over yet, but he loves to try to grab things...

Nathan and I colored the turkey...a classic tradition in our house!

Then we rode bikes for a little bit to try to get some of that three year old energy out...

Daddy and Nathan helped me whip the cream...

Pie ready to eat (it wasn't as good as I thought...maybe I am just not a fan of pecan pie?)

Our family friends brought their dog Charlie...Nathan loved him!

Nathan wanted to play with his cousin Anna, but it took quite awhile for her to warm up to him...

Finally, dinner was served!  Evan was napping through dinner....


It's hard to tell if Nathan ate more whipped cream or more pie....

After dinner the usual sluggishness set in...Karen and I spent over an hour helping Mom with dishes and then Anna wanted to play jewelry store.  She is a shrewd dealer, let me tell you...I paid $600 for my bracelet and necklace!

that night we managed to get some Settler's in too...to which I was CRUSHED...the first game I think I managed to get a total of 15 resource cards the entire game...Kevin and Karen were both excited to finally win a game each...

Kevin and Karen and I all watched the movie Grown Ups and then finally turned in around midnight...a fun but exhausting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment