Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sometimes you forget

how blessed you are. 

It's so easy to get caught up into everything, into wanting more, into complaining, into whining...

But then things remind you of how lucky you are...

Today Chris went and volunteered for a couple hours and made bags of food for kids. His team made enough bags of food to feed 64 children for a year. I can't even imagine how horrible I would feel if I didn't have food to feed my kids.

and also today, we got news of someone in our family who is going through their third miscarriage...their doctor expects it to happen right around Christmas.  I can't imagine how hard it is going to be for them and is for them...

So, the next time when Evan is screaming, Nathan is throwing things and whining, the pot of potatoes is boiling over and the phone is ringing, instead of me looking up to the sky and wondering "why me?!"....

I am going to look up to Heaven and say "thanks!!" instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment