Monday, January 3, 2011

On the tenth day of Christmas...

...I found some time to blog.

Christmas this year was filled with blessings and sadness. 

It started for us on the 24th, with church (which was pretty difficult being squished in a pew for an hour with Nathan who had ants in his pants) followed by dinner and gift opening at my parents house.  I was feeling under the weather, but Dad managed to pour some rum or brandy in my Coke when I wasn't looking and honestly, it did make me feel better. 

Eating dinner...
Evan was fascinated with their ceiling fan...

After dinner these two watched a movie for a bit...

Nathan got a new tractor!

Kevin with his awesome shirt we got him...

Karen has always wanted actual Adidas shorts, not just knockoffs, so I got her a pair.  She goes, "I wish I had a jacket to match!"

A few minutes later, she opened her gift from Kevin - hilarious!  a jacket. 

Chris had fun finding his Mason Jar glasses from Kevin...

Nathan showing off his new slippers Christmas morning (we stayed overnight and put the kids to bed around 9...worked out great!)

Evan trying out Grandpa's new headphones...he didn't seem to mind them...

After breakfast with my parents, we packed up and headed home.  Nathan was shocked to see Santa had come and we opened our stocking stuffers, then off to naps!  Including myself. 

My happy boys!

Happy husband with his new glasses!

Evan's first Christmas ornament...

Nathan got a firetruck...
After presents we continued in our tradition of making home-made pizza for dinner.  Nathan had something else, not yet liking pizza.  We made deep-dish, and it was delicious.  After we put the kids to bed, Christopher and I watched The Christmas Story and then headed to bed ourselves.  It was a long, busy, happy day, but we needed our rest because the next morning we were headed down to Chris' extended family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment