Monday, January 3, 2011

Yes, that was a yellow Neon that just hit our car...

On Sunday morning, we piled into two vehicles to head down to see the Great Grandma's, about three hours away.  In our Acadia was myself, Nathan and Evan, Chris, and his brother and his wife. 

When we got to downtown, driving along 35W as it turns and curves around the city, a yellow car slams into the side of our car right next to where Nathan was sitting. 

Nathan says, "Mommy, what was that!?" 

And I told him, "That yellow car just hit us.." 

And Nathan says, quite matter-of-factly, "That car is naughty!" 

It was really the only funny part of the whole thing.  The kid was texting or on his phone or something, because he just came over into our lane and hit us.  We didn't think we had much damage, but after taking it in for an estimate, its over $1,000, so once again, as with last January, we will be dealing with car repairs and insurance deductibles. 

We made it down there though, and back, safe and sound, which is all that matters. 

Great Grandma Schwartz has all sorts of old school toys...makes you remember!
 I didn't take a lot of pictures, and none of the group shots, so I don't have much to share.  There was a moment though where I felt like I was Nathan's age again, and I could understand his tears so well.  It was when there were about 35 people downstairs in the basement...gifts were getting passed out, and Nathan hadn't gotten his yet.  Every gift that went by he was like, "is that for me?" and I would say, "no, not for you..." and then finally he just started crying thinking he didn't get anything.  I remember feeling that way.  Being the last one to get a present and being near tears feeling left out.  I just gave him a big hug and told him to wait and sure enough, the next one was for him. 
Eating dinner with the kids..Evan was off being held and snuggled by his many many great aunts who loves babies...
So, that was a whole day...and when we got home that night, we were both like, dang, guess we had our excitement for the week...

The next day was Christmas at Chris' parents house.  We had breakfast there, appetizers/lunch, naps, did puzzles, opened gifts, and played outside.  Overall, it was a wonderful day!

This picture makes me sad now, even though it is a good one.  I'll explain why in the next post. 

Some rare floor time - all toddlers and three year olds nappin'!

We dressed up and went outside for some fun before presents and dinner...it was a great time...

Don't we look cute in the sled?  The poor boys had to pull me around...

I love this photo because Grandma and Evan are laughing at Henry...

Also a good one!

Not sure what Nathan is doing  here...

No comments:

Post a Comment