Saturday, April 23, 2011

So excited for Easter...

So many wonderful things have happened this week --  And tomorrow is Easter - the reminder that sin and evil and death have no power over us...which is so amazing and wonderful that you just can't help but feel giddy about it! 

Granted, it wasn't all roses and gumdrops all week, but I am choosing to forget all that other crap...

Monday started out with the tax deadline...yae!  We had our happy hour at the Twins Stadium, and although work has been really rough on me the past few months, a really good friend stood by me throughout a lot of it and put up with many days of "renee"...including Monday when we had lunch together and had a serious discussion about my future career plans which, although the discussion was tough (*sorry about those tears*) she totally helped me get some vision and some courage about the future which was awesome.  Later on that night, we got to tour the stadium.  They told us not to touch the grass on the field because it was just watered..but I put my foot on it and took a picture anyways.
My rebelious foot in all it's glory...

I asked my MIL to help put together some stuff for our daycares Silent Auction, which is in a few weeks.  We put together some awesome stuff (she did most of it), and I hauled it over on Thursday.  See how cute the baskets turned out?  We did a baby basket and a household item basket...all handmade!  She also make two small quilts....

I crocheted the baby blanket in the back...

The two hotpads in the back are mine...

Here are the quilts she just whipped out - she is amazing!
 On Friday our daycare was closed, so we spent the day home with the kids...Evan really enjoyed his banana crisp...maybe he is finally getting the hang of the chewing thing! 

Friday night we headed to Grandma's for some classic fried fish balls and Easter egg dying...here are the boys with Grandma..having a great time! 

Nathan gave her such a big hug she fell to the floor laughing...it was hilarious...

 Today was a nice, relaxing day.  We had a great breakfast, followed by a 33 minute run by yours truly...I jogged the whole time, no stopping.  Last time I walked a little the same distance and it took me 33 minutes as well, so I think I paced myself better this time...if I could just cut out those 3 minutes, I would be estatic!  But I am so proud of myself for even being able to do 30 minutes or 3 miles, given I hate it and was so completely out of shape after having Evan.  Currently I am in the best shape I have been in years, the lowest weight I have been since college, and spring isn't even over yet! 

After that I worked on this quilt below...it was a block of the month quilt in 2006 - 2007...I took the class the year before I had Nathan...I never finished it.  It was the first class I took and boy, can I tell...things aren't squared up, some sides are shorter than others...it took some maneuvering to get it to look even with the borders...I am planning on donating it to the silent auction as well if I can get it done....so close!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment