Sunday, April 17, 2011

Struggles...

Everyone has struggles.  Some seem to have more than others. 

But I am reminded this weekend that even the holiest, most righteous human to ever walk this earth humbled himself and suffered something awful..and he did it because he chose to...and I love Jesus so much because he did it, and got through it, even though he was so scared... 

The words from Matthew keep popping into my head..."Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels?"

I just keep thinking on this tonight...

and I am thinking about the woman in a red jacket today, who ran past me today while I was jogging along slowly, and she said in a happy voice, "Good Job!" As if she knew that I was struggling, she knew what a challenge it was for me to get outside and go for a run, and she knew it would lift me up.  And it did.  Thank you Woman In Red Jacket! 

And thank you to my kids, and husband, who remind me each day that what is important in life...the struggles that give rise to wonderful moments:

How we found Evan Saturday morning...
Fell asleep trying to bust out!

Easter Egg Hunt in true Minnesota Fashion!

1 comment:

  1. Love random encouragement from people in red jackets!

    That little Evan is starting to be not so little anymore! Can't wait to see you and the boys again soon!

    ReplyDelete