Sunday, May 1, 2011

Crossing things off the list!

I wish I had some pictures of  me at my race...but I don't, major bummer. 

I have to say I wasn't sure how the day was going to go yesterday.  I woke up to pouring rain...Chris and I ate some food and headed out anyways even though we both were tempted to just go curl back up in bed and sleep for another three hours. 

We got down there more than an hour before the start of the race, and it took about 10 minutes or so to even get to the parking area.  They have you park at this hospital about a mile from the start of the race, and there are supposed to be shuttles (busses) going back and forth between the two.  Well, there weren't!!  -- we got out of the car and walked to where the busses were...we saw two busses come and go in 20 minutes and there was a huge line of people...by then it was almost 8:30, and Chris' race was going to start in 30 minutes!  Everyone was like, well, we will just walk...so, we walked a mile to get to a race where we would have to run miles.  I was totally annoyed...  It was raining, I was cold, and I didn't want to waste my energy walking to the start the race. 

But, we made it in time, and Chris went to the starting line of his race while I waited in the shelter area for another 10 minutes before the start of my race.  Too bad I didn't have anyone that was with me...I was lonely and getting nervous waiting there! 

But, it turned out okay..the rain let up, the horn sounded, and off I went.  The first mile was okay...no big deal...the second mile, I was like, oh my gosh, I am going too fast for me, so I had to walk for a little bit...at mile marker 2 I was at a 21:30 pace so I made myself start jogging again.  The worst part was when I thought the bridge was the end of the race and I got to the bridge and it wasn't!  I just kept going though..and I finished in 32:30...best time ever.

Done and done.  off the list!

I wish I had more to cross off my list...I was home all week, and even though painting and redoing the bathroom is obviously a huge accomplishment, I still see 32 things on the list.  Dang. 

But, on Friday pictures with Evan were successful, so I am excited to pick those up on two weeks...and also on Friday, Chris sold our old metal swingset (it wasn't really old, just, too small for us) so that was awesome to have it out of our yard and a little cash in the wallet.  On Friday I also split my Shasta Daisies...they were definately due...getting way overgrown and woody...I have never done it before so we will see if they survive.  They are supposed to be hardy little buggars so I hope so!  Sweet -- I just realized I had that on the list and hadn't crossed it off yet ---  we are down to 31 things people! 

We also had some time to relax this weekend...this is Friday evening with my boys...


Nathan was pretending to be "Mr. T" today...

He also wore his Lightning McQueen slippers a lot today -- finally!  usually he just plays with them...

Roary was really sweet here...

On Saturday after our race, we wanted some people to come over and hang out with us as we relaxed...Kevin and Karen here being nutty!...we got nuttier...believe me...

We played Settlers...and I won!  but mostly because Karen was nice to me at the end and traded me some wheat I needed....always cool though to beat these two 'masters'...

Okay, so the below pictures, I find totally awesome.  makes me giggle.  I think Kevin kind of looks like Hannibal from the A-Team here...

Awesome slide shot!  We also had a swing shoe kicking contest...which Kevin won that turkey.  And I drank a lot of Margaritas...and then I ate a lot of food...and then I was a lot tired.  a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment