Sunday, May 29, 2011

First trip to the dentist...success!

Nathan's first trip to the dentist on Thursday was a surprising success!  I simply cannot remember being given that treatment when I was little...I just remember being told to sit in the chair and open my mouth, and if i was good, I'd get a toothbrush.  Nathan got to touch all the dental tools, squirt water on the wall (boy did he LOVE that part), got a choice of toothpaste, and even got his picture taken in the dentist chair!  He also got to pick three toys...when we left the place, as soon as we got outside he said, "Mommy, I really like that girl! (referring to the hygenist)".  I was like, gee, really?  I wonder why. 

After the dentist we went to McDonalds for lunch, and then home to mow the lawn. 

A picture of a picture...I was being lazy...look at those pearly whites!
Given the rain and the weather, this was the second time I had mowed the lawn in less than a week.  I have simply decided that I am a whimp.  Despite months of training and exercising, my arms just can't take mowing.  They were aching on Friday and Saturday and all I can attribute it to is the lawn mowing.  Clearly Daddy needs to take over for me...I hate it anyways...always have, ever since I was little and would have to help  my parents mow the lawn.  They would scream at me if I missed the smallest blade of grass, or if I went the wrong direction and blew grass onto the rocks, or if I didn't get close enough to the trees or bushes.  Have I ever mentioned how anal my parents are about their lawn?  As they have gotten older, they have relaxed alittle about it...my mother no longer goes around the house with the hand trimmers...but they still put most people to shame....including me!  While I like my property to look nice, I don't obsess about it....which is definately true given I can't seem to figure out HOW to mow the lawn.  I start with a plan in my head, go this way, then that way, but then I have to empty the bag, or there is a tree in my way or something, and then it just starts to seriously look like a crazy drunken madman (woman?) mowed the thing.  oh well! 

On Saturday Nathan and I had a picnic lunch outside....Daddy was gone all day, and finally some nice weather....

 The rest of the day we spent inside...this is what my family looks like when the kids are playing...diaster, but they are happy. 

They had both had their baths so thus the pj's...
 I took a few pictures of the backyard since it was looking pretty nice with the sun...this is the area where we have six dead trees...they will come down this summer...

On the ridge in the back of the next picture are four lilacs...the deer demolished one of them, but it is coming back...the two Weigela's that the voles ate I also put back there, to see if they would actually grow, as well as the burning bush.  I think one of the Weigela's may come back...but the most upsetting part was one of our neighbor's has suddenly decided it is okay to dump their grass up there...so, we are going to have to talk to them.  Well, Chris is.  yuck.  confrontation.  why people don't respect other people's things, is beyond me, especially adults!  it is just plain rude.  This isn't the first time either...they have dumped their Christmas trees and other crap back their numerous times, and we have let it slide...but piles of rotting grass just won't do...it has already started to compost and smell...

This is our neighbors side yard...a view from our deck...there is normally no water in this area, as it isn't even a pond, it just a filtration area...so, you can tell we have had TONS of rain...Hopefully it will go down soon..just seems like a mosquito breeding ground to me...

Here is my cute little cactus..every spring, like clockwork, it grows a flower and it blooms...I don't know how this little guy knows it is spring, being inside all year, but he does.   

No comments:

Post a Comment