Sunday, May 15, 2011

No pink eyes for Evan...

but two ear infections instead?   they aren't 100% sure, but the ears are inflamed/red, and the goop coming out of his eyes?  just snot. gross!!  apparently you can get so congested mucus can come out of the corner of your eyes.  yuck!...and apparently this isn't rare. 

it's rare to me though...so, we are on antibiotics now, which, in the case the eye does start to go into anything, it won't, and this will clear up the ears.  Evan's first dose of antibiotics, so this is actually a success if I look at the big picture here (unless i forgot if he ever was on them, but I am pretty sure Nathan was the one who needed them this winter once or twice, and not the baby)...unfortunately, we have to figure out what to do about tomorrow and work...even if Evan is better, he should probably be home for a solid 24 hours at least on antibiotics. 

It has been a really looooonnnnnnngggggggg weekend. 

We had tix to the Twins game on Saturday, and it was freezing (40 degrees), windy, and rainy. 

Do I know how to pick them or what?!

We sat in our seats until the 4th inning...huddled in the concourse until the 7th inning, and then I had to go stand in the warm bar area because I couldn't move my fingers.  I don't know why I didn't wear my winter boots, my snow pants, and my thermal mittens with the little zipper pouches for the hand warmers.  Seriously I might as well been a teenager thinking shorts in the middle of December was totally "cool".  Or, as Karen educated me last night, was totally "legit" (I guess that is the cool saying on the street, however ridiculous it sounds).

Although, I did dress in layers and even wore long john's in preparation but apparently it just wasn't enough.  As Nathan would say, "Mommy, you made a bad choice."

So, today, Daddy and Evan went to the doctor, Mommy and Nathan went to get some shrubs to replace ones that had been snacked on during winter by the vicious voles.

I needed two Polka Weigela's, which I found, and I also needed to replace my Dwarf Burning Bush.  I decided not to get another burning bush, because it didn't seem to do well.  I chose a Diablo Ninebark...I had seen it before numerous times, but had no idea what it was called.  Apparently the Ninebark has been around for ages, since the 1800's, but the Diablo version is relatively new.  It took me FOREVER to dig out the old plants and put new ones in.  I will have to post pictures tomorrow.  maybe.  if I have time. 

I can't believe it is 9:30 already.  days fly by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment