Monday, May 23, 2011

Planting day

We have been so busy with things lately I am talking about things that happened a week ago already...

Last Sunday while Daddy and Evan were at the doctor, Nathan and I headed to get some new plants that the voles had attacked, and some other random things we found. 

He saw some marigolds and goes, "mommy!  dandelions!  Can we have some?!"  So we bought a few of those, and a tomato plant and a pepper plant.  I put those on the deck..we will see if they survive in a pot with the heat and the wind of the deck...


He loved helping to plant everything...

But he loved the watering even more...he must have made 25 trips before he told me he was all done watering because he was "so tired..."


After Daddy and Evan went to the doctor, they had to go to Target to get Evan his prescription...Daddy went a little overboard and bought all of our summer/spring favorites...steak for the grill, grilled bread, corn, mushrooms to go along with the steak and asparagus which we did in the oven...so much food but it was soooooo good!

First corn of the season -- not the best, because it wasn't local, but still tasty!

Finally a day with sun...Gigi was in her glory...
So far, my new plants have all survived -- I still owe my roses some major TLC, but with all the rain and storms lately, just haven't had time...hopefully this week...and hopefully I can takes some pics of the new shrubs and landscaping to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment