Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Weekend at Grandma Jayne's...

Two weekends ago already we went to Grandma Jayne's for three nights while the men were out of town fishing.  It started off kind of hectic -- Mom hurt her foot really bad on Monday, and by Thursday, my mom, who never goes into the doctor, had made an appointment to go in.  I was reluctant to bring two very active boys over if something was broken or if she would be on crutches or something, but decided maybe she would need help so I packed everything up and headed over around 4 in the afternoon. 

When we got there Grandma had just gotten home and she was wearing a big boot on her foot -- she tore or pulled a ligament in the bottom of her foot, and had to wear this boot for at least two weeks to see if it would heal.  I brought her a coffee from Dunn though to cheer her up so I think that helped. 

Thursday night was pretty relaxing...we had chile and didn't do much after dinner.  Friday morning we got up and I made some eggs and we headed out to run errands.  We went to Kohl's, and didn't find anything there for mom or myself, but we did find some Hane's classic T's on sale for Nathan.  Then we stopped at Archivers since I was scrapbooking whenever I could -- I finished 17 pages for Nathan and I finally started on Evan's book. I really need to start going on Evan's because he is going to be one year old in a month!  craziness. 

Grandma treated us though to McDonald's after all the errands...we went to one with a big playplace...it was late in the afternoon so I didn't think it would be so busy but it was.  There were definately some disengaged parents in there...kids were fighting up above and this one dad didn't even flinch when the screaming began.  We told Nathan he could go play but to stay away from the naughty kids.  It was so funny -- he crawled up all the towers, saw the other kids, watched them for a second as they fought and kicked and yelled, and turned around and went the other way.  You could just see him thinking, "I'm outta here!"  The awesome part about McDonalds that day is Mom had a bunch of coupons, so we all ate for only $7. 

Friday night was chinese takeout -- Karen works right next to the Rose Garden in Coon Rapids, so we asked her to bring home some Chinese.  It was really good, and helped us because we didn't have to cook.  My mom loves chinese food, and my dad hates it, so whenever he is out of town, I usually invite her over or bring some over for her. 

Saturday we got the pool out...I had been bad and hadn't taken any pictures until then...
We had lunch poolside...although, Nathan had his sandwich IN the pool. 

Evan loves water now...he was having a ball in there!

Benny supervised in the shade of the trees...it was a pretty warm day so perfect for swimming...
We went to church that night, and then afterwards came home and had a bonfire with hotdogs....Mom got a leaf on her boot and Karen thought it was hilarious so she took a picture....poor Mom!:

Nathan was pretty scared to get close to that fire (which is good!)...


Eating dinner...very good!
After dinner Nathan went back in the pool for a bit...but it was getting cold so he didn't stay long.  Mom even soaked her swollen foot for awhile...Evan woke up and  had some dinner in his highchair by the pool.  Mom thought maybe if I fed him some baby food late (it was around 8pm) he would sleep in the next day.  Nope....as I knew he would be, he was up at the crack of dawn...

Overall it was a really fun weekend and it helped me not worry so much about quitting my job a few days later...which I was stressing about majorly....

No comments:

Post a Comment