Friday, July 15, 2011

Finally some 4th of July pictures...

As I think I mentioned before, our 4th of July was surrounded by stomach flu...but, on the 3rd when my parents had a party, we were all feeling pretty good (I got it that night).  Anyways, I know I am consistently behind on posting things so I am going to try to do better! 

Chris' parents were in New Mexico visiting Chris' brother for the week, so we had Gus at our all the whole week of the 4th.  On the 3rd we dropped him off at their house for the day so he could walk around and not be in a kennel -- at our house he has to be in a kennel when we leave otherwise he gets into stuff and/or torments the cats. 

The poor cats, especially Gigi...I swear Gus thinks she is a squirrel.  And when you look at her, it's like, yup, squirrel. 

Gus and Roary don't usually get along at first, but then after awhile of being afraid, Roary is like, WTF and just goes and lays down and let's Gus sniff him for 15 minutes and then they are friends.

Anyways, then we headed to my parents house for the party.  I helped set up the pool and got the kids lunch and then relaxed while they napped. 
Relaxing before everyone came...

Still relaxing....

Once people showed up there were a lot of littles in that pool!  I think Grandma needs a bigger one for next year....

Below is a picture of our very good family friend, Glen, with Evan.  Glen is married to Dee, and Glen and Dee are two of my favorite people.  


I love this picture...Evan is playing on the grass but Nathan had to go down to the driveway because he had a "scoop" and need some rocks to work with. 


Teeter-tottering with cousin....


This is Karen and Cory and Nathan and a family friend's son swinging....Chris was pushing...

Nathan was SOOOO excited for fireworks...he waited patiently for them to start...this is before the mosquitos viciously attacked us...

This is slightly before the relentless onslaught of the mosquitos...Nathan and I were hugging to keep them away and watching the fireworks...shortly after this the mosquitos found the one stuff I didn't put bug spray on (my butt, seriously) and started biting me through my jeans!  We went in after that and watched the fireworks from the safety of the house...

Overall, other than waking up later that night at 3AM and running to the bathroom and then sleeping in the basement and being angry when I finally fell asleep and then 5 minutes later the sun rose, it was a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment