Saturday, July 16, 2011

A fruity Saturday...

It's summer and the price is right, so I had to whip out a fruit pizza last Saturday...Nathan had a good time helping me.  Most recipes I have done before call for pre-made sugar cookie dough on the bottom, but this time I did my own thing, and I think it turned out better.  Only, I didn't grease the pan, so the sugar cookie bottom kind of stuck.  Maybe next time some slight greasing will help?


I was bummed I missed a very hilarious moment of Evan's...he pulled out the Frank's Red Hot and put the bottle top in his mouth...it just looked  hilarious!  Good thing he didn't actually get a taste, I don't think he would have been too happy. 

After I made fruit pizza, I made strawberry-rhubarb pie.  Our family believes that the best crust is the crust in which the filling has spilled over, so I pack 'er in and hope it will happen, and it definately did on this pie!  Kevin and Karen were so excited for that side (they were over for dinner).

 The only problem was I forgot to put a pan under the pie in the oven, and so it all spilled onto the oven floor.  Later when I was making some baked potatoes, a fire started in the oven...  I kind of started to panic when it wouldn't go out but then Kevin told me to get the baking soda and we dumped it on the flames and it went out.  Smart.  I was almost ready to grab the fire extinguisher! 



After the fire in the oven, we all went outside.  Nathan had gotten two new bags of sand for his sandbox, so they were all playing in it for quite a bit...

Nathan explaining something to Cory...

Daddy finally put up the teeter-totter, so we took it for a spin....

No comments:

Post a Comment