Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Today is getting started WAY slower than I wanted...

I overslept.  I hate to admit it, but I woke up at it was 8:50 and I was really groggy.  I am sure part of it is because I barely slept this weekend -- something happened (which I won't elaborate on now, or ever possibly, on this blog) which really stressed me out (and still is!  but God is in charge, so I am trying to lean on Him through this.)  Second, the humidity fell overnight, and I always sleep so much better when that happens.

 Speaking of sleeping, seriously, cats always seem like the happiest sleepers, don't they?
ROAR!
Evan got a runny nose again last night, so I was kind of bummed about that.  It has been three weeks since he had that ear infection, and his coughing and congestion have been really good, but he started coughing again last night.  Poor boy!  If he would just nap at school I don't think he would pick up these things as much, but he refuses to miss out on anything. 
Evan in the dog bed...all proud of himself. 
An Evan update:  He is starting to find his balance -- he will be cruisin' around and then let go and still be standing!  He hasn't figured out what to do once he gets that far though, so probably another couple months before he decides to start walking.  That's okay with me!  He likes to clap for himself every now and then, which is really cute.  And if he feels like it, he will wave and me and go "hi".  He loves to drop things and then goes, "ut".  It is so funny because he doesn't say "ut-oh" just the "UT".  So, over and over again I hear "ut"...."ut"...."ut"....Also, he is starting to realize he has powers.  He just whines and cries and bawls when Mommy doesn't pick him up when she walks by or if he gets told "No" that he can't play with the knives in the dishwasher...he lays his little head on the floor and sticks out his lower lip and just pouts. 

I have been trying to upload pictures to blogger for weeks now...but everytime I try there are issues.  It finally worked last night.  I don't know what my deal is, but I think I might always be trying when everyone else is so it's slow.  But, about three weeks ago we were all at Grandma's and Grandpa's to help bale hay.  This was the first time Nathan really tried to help -- it was hilarious...the bales are heavy!

He was really trying here!



My parents just have a small hobby farm, but what a blessing it is for my kids to experience some of this stuff. 


This is my favorite picture of the day....

Karen and I were working hard.  Well, actually not that hard, since there were lots of boys there this year! 

1 comment:

  1. Hope everything is OK and you aren't still stressed.

    Looks like Nathan had a wonderful time helping on the farm :)

    ~Chris F.

    ReplyDelete