Monday, August 1, 2011

Does anyone remember these?

With the storage above the laundry room now complete, I have been slowly taking stuff from my parents house that my mom said I could keep there until whenever.  I have been taking my toys that meant a lot to me...this first one is a little doll house I had when I was probably around 3 years old...

As you can see, it was just a plastic box that opened up...

And in it are two dolls...a mommy and a baby, and they have hard plastic "clothes" or outfits you put them in...one is a bed for the mommy, a crib for the baby, or a dresses for the Mommy...I remember playing with this for hours and hauling it everywhere.  It is pretty worn, but in really good shape considering.   I don't think Evan or Nathan will ever find it interesting...my boys don't seem to be into dolls....

I bet some of you out there in bloggy land remember the next item:  Speak and Math!  It wasn't as popular as "Speak & Spell", the red one, which my sister had, but it was just as fun.   This was all the rage when I was little, and if you had one, you were totally cool.  The thing still works and it is pretty funny I still have the box and everything.  I actually played it again and it is a really good way to learn math.  Maybe I can blame this for becoming an accountant?  (or....maybe not.....)

Oh, and here is a random picture of Roary, sleeping on our clean clothes.  It is partially my fault...when I get distracted, lazy, tired, or I just don't feel like it, our clothes simply do not get folded and put away.  My mother would never do this -- the clothes at her house go away every night...but unfortunately (fortunately?) I can't run on three hours of sleep like she can...plus, there are moments where I just don't care.  nope.  don't care.  clothes still on the floor tonight.  I am going to go read my shameless romance novel instead.  night night.   

No comments:

Post a Comment