Saturday, August 20, 2011

Eggplant and a Saturday night....

I took a picture of these and had to share...fried eggplant!  So good!  We had it about a week ago...I made the batter super thick so it would really stick...and it did.  YUM. 

A few weekends ago, my cousin was up visiting my brother and sister.  They called and asked me if I wanted to hang out that night...I was like, sweet, sure!  First we went to Old Chicago, one of my ex-favs.  I say that because the place has gotten rid of my beloved Ace Pear Cider, which they always had on tap and it was delicious - anyways, now it cannot be my favorite and must be punished.  The waiter seriously asked me if I wanted a "Woodchuck Cider" instead because it was "similar".  Yeah, I've had Woodchuck Cider and its not buddy! 

anyways, below is me and kevin at dinner!

Karen and Christopher drinkin' it up!

After dinner, Christopher said he wanted to buy us some DQ - well, who the heck can argue with that?  So, Kevin drove us to the DQ and I asked for my favorite - a butterscotch sundae!  Well, the DQ here over off Highway 65 politely informed us that they no longer serve "butterscotch".  I almost crapped my pants!!!  Clearly this cannot be so!  They have pineapple, but not butterscotch?  Frickers!  Well, they don't get my business anymore. 

First, no Ace Pear Cider, and second, no butterscotch.  The night was not starting off on the right foot. 

After that we went to Brunswick Zone.  Kevin, Karen and Christopher all really wanted to try laser tag.  Not me.  No way.  I would suck at it.  I knew I would.  But, we needed at least four people to sign up.  So, I did it.  And I won!  Granted, it was really lame, but still, I actually won and I have the piece of paper print out to prove it. 

We also played some games....

Christopher riding...

Kevin driving...

Playing some coin game...

Boys shooting deer or elk or some other such animal...
 Then we went bowling.  I did so well - I usually stink to high heaven!  Not that night!

Here is the crew!

Dude - check out that score below - 147!!!  I would have done good too on the second round if they wouldn't have shut us off with two people left to bowl.    They really should let you finish your last frame even if your hour is up -- pretty bad customer service if you ask me...won't be going there again for a LOOONNNNGGGG TIME. 

1 comment:

  1. Classic! But, dude where is the pic of me and the dog pounder?

    ReplyDelete