Sunday, August 14, 2011

My white chicken chili

As previously mentioned I made this the other day, so I thought I would share it -- if you want to use the recipe but can't handle the heat, just omit the spicy stuff (although, then I will doubt it will be as good!)

Saute in olive oil until tender:
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced

Add and cook for a few minutes:
3 jalapenos, diced (I left the seeds in)
1 can green chilis (I used frozen green chilis from New Mexico)
2 t. cumin
1 t. oregano
Dash cloves
1/2 t. parsley

Then add and bring to a boil:
3 cans white beans, drained and partially mashed (if you want thicker chili, mash totally)
4 cups chicken broth
3 cups cooked chicken (so this recipe is awesome because you can use leftovers!)

I let simmer for about 45 minutes - low and slow baby.  It was spicy, but not when you first take a taste of it -- first you taste the chicken and all the other flavors, and then its like BAM! 

I served it with a few chips and a dollup of Daisy.  OH yeah. 



No comments:

Post a Comment