Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall cleaning...

I think fall cleaning is way more important than spring cleaning.  It's the last chance you have to do a lot of things with the windows open and the fresh air coming in -- in the spring, if you don't get to something, you can always do it a few days later.  But in Minnesota, you have a limited amount of time before the snow flies! 

This morning I started with Evan's room...last week I loaded up all his 6-12 month clothes and packed them away and brought down the 18-24 month box.  Today I packed up all the 12 month stuff and started taking out the sweatshirts, pants, and long-sleeved stuff.  I am finding it very hard because I feel like Nathan just wore all this stuff a few months ago -- I think it is because Nathan did wear some of his 24 month stuff last fall...and now I am considering putting it on Evan?  crazy. 

Evan had his one month appointment last week and all is well - as usual, he did go through a day or so of fever, which is normal for him after shots.  The doctor confirmed he continues to be my "String Bean" as I like to call him.  He is over the 90th percentile for height, but only in the 20th percentile for weight -- which is pretty consistent for him since birth!  Tall and skinny boy!

After I did  his clothes though, I did the fall cleaning - I cleaned things that haven't been cleaned in quite some time...the ceiling fan, the cabinets/dressers, the window, etc...it feels good.  I put the flannel sheets on his bed so he is ready for chilly nights. 

I think I may try a new squash soup recipe tonight...I have to get the squash in the oven here soon though...since I have the next week off, I am hoping to blog a lot and get  A LOT crossed of my to-do list, including spending lots of time with the family.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment