Monday, November 21, 2011

Baking away...

As promised, some recent pictures!

The annual Christmas stollen was made...and it turned out delicious as usual.  The only thing I didn't realize I didn't have was dark rum, so I had to use Bacardi.  I don't think it has as strong of a rum flavor as last time, but still good. 

Nathan and Grandma worked on the Reindeer Tracks...

Nathan helped me do some cutouts...he put all the cookie cutters in by himself this year.

Aunt Karen worked a lot on the Ritz ones...she did all the dipping this year I think.  I had to run to the store for cream (how could I forget cream?!!!  silly.)

Sugaring...

Nathan with one of Daddy's "faces" for dinner again...

Evan is still doing well.  He woke up tonight a few times crying, but there was some yelling going on and I think he heard Nathan in the bathroom and got upset.  I've checked on him a few times, and despite the promise to myself that I would stop checking his temperature, I checked it twice tonight -- both normal.  I also had a nightmare last night, got up at midnight and had to check it...and it was normal. 

Last night was an odd night...one of those nights where you feel like you have been sleeping for hours but then you wake up and it has only been like an hour and a half....ever have those?  I used to have those a lot more before I had kids...

The diagnosis on Gigi is still out.  I took her in for more labwork tonight as the results came back showing she has some sort of upper digestive problem which could be one of three things - IBD/inflammation, a pancreatic issue, or cancer.  I guess the lab test takes 5 - 7 days so it will be awhile before she starts treatment.  I am hoping she starts to show some signs of improving this week...I feel like she is light as a feather now...

No comments:

Post a Comment