Monday, January 9, 2012

Stuff

(written last Tuesday night)

So, here I sit, the night before I have to go back to work after almost two weeks off.  Dang, it is hard.  And, no offense to all the normal people out there, but it is not like I am going back to work to a normal 8-5, M-F job...now starts tax season.  Goodie.  60, 70, 80 hour weeks here I come...hopefully less than last year with this new firm, but I want to make a good impression, so I am not setting myself up to fail by thinking I won't be working a lot. I think it is funny when people give me a hard time about my part time schedule...CPA's total hours at most firms for the year are 2,400...the normal person only works 2,080.  Thats 300+ extra hours we put in...not that we are necessarily paid more for it...I guess we just like the pain or something.  I used to work with some people that worked 3,000 hours a year!  They loved it.  Insane, I tell you. but yes, back to the grind. 

I seriously wonder how I am going to get out of bed tomorrow. 

Evan was very out of sorts tonight.  Came home, ate some food, and just started screaming at me.  I put him to bed.  He immediately fell asleep. 

I am kind of cranky myself too...I think knowing I have to go to work tomorrow looming over me is causing it.  I think I will curl up with a book and read for a couple hours. 

I got a few scrapbook pages done today, and tried a new Mac and Cheese recipe..very cheesy, very heavy.  We are going to be eating leftovers of it for two weeks.  Good thing I am jogging again.

Nathan tonight said on the way home, "mom, I want to go to kindergarten, but I can't, because I don't know the way?  do you?  Or do we need a map?"  To which I said, "Nathan, I know how to get there, but you are too little for kindergarten."  He said, "oh, I guess I don't need a map then."

I should also post his Christmas morning breakfast prayer...wish I had had the video camera.  He sang, "Jesus loves everyone...Everyone loves Jesus...Everyone loves Christmas...If you are not naughty, you will get presents."  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment