Saturday, March 31, 2012

Time to let go...

At church last weekend, somehow, in between the picking up and putting down of Evan, the request for a "drink" or "snack", and the dropping of books and toys on the floor, I managed to hear a little bit of what the homily was about. 

I think it was pretty boring for the most part (sorry, this one was...) but what I do remember is the priest talking about how everyone is born, but some people in their lives are reborn.   Maybe once, or twice, or more. 

I feel as if I have been traveling on a path of change lately...one I have finally decided to accept.  Its not really a path I wanted, which is why I fought it for a very long time.  I think it is a path that God wants me to take, because He wants all of me, heart and soul, and He is fighting for me to let go...

I have so many things I am working on to let go of...some of them I put aside softly, gently...carefully....

Other things I am just tossing out the window and never want to see them again - I have to fight these - tooth and nail - to keep them away.

Have you ever tried to let go of something?  --  a habit, a concern, a bad relationship?  Spring and Lent is always a good time to try and get rid of some of the clutter.

Some people say it takes two times to develop a bad habit, but 21 times (or days) to develop a good habit.  Another article I read said it can take 66 days to develop a good habit -- no wonder I struggle!  I think I usually give up after three. 

I will share one new habit I have started...and its probably been 66 days now...In January, I started eating breakfast.  Everyday.  For my entire life I pretty much have avoided it.  Now I usually have a yogurt and a piece of fruit.  Honestly, I really don't enjoy it...but I do think I think about it less...I go to work, get to my desk, and go, okay, where is my fruit/yogurt?  So, I guess it is a habit now! 

speaking of habits...Roary is licking the waste paper basket again.  Cats have weird habits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment