Thursday, May 31, 2012

Last day of May 2012...

I went to go download some pictures for this post and realized I haven't put them on the computer yet.  So, no pictures.  But, here is what has been going on:

-Purchased new trees for the front yard.  My brother came over last Saturday and was bored before we headed to church so he got out the chainsaw and took down the old one. 

-Work has been crazy busy although I have not been there much.  Trying to squeeze in some vacation days before they expire. 

-Evan is really talking now.  His teacher told me this morning (and I LOVE his teacher) that she was "so proud" of him for saying yesterday, "what are you doing?" and "what is that?" 

-Stopped by DQ on the way home tonight and got the boys vanilla cones with sprinkles just because....seriously the best $3 you can spend. 

-Chris, my brother, father in law, Dad, some other people, and hopefully my future brother in law (hopefully!) are all fishing up at Lake of the Woods this weekend.  This is the first weekend they have gone in 5 years that I am not staying at my moms.   I decided it would be nice to spend the weekend at home.

-Grandma though is taking the boys tomorrow night for a "sleepover".  I plan on scrapbooking all day - picked up pictures and some more supplies today from Archivers.  That store is bad for me...I always end up buying more than I anticipated.

-Got a pedicure today and paid for the upgrade - got a scrub and menthol wrap - felt amazing, although, not too sure I am in love with the color.  Oh well, just another excuse to get a pedicure in a few weeks!

-Nathan has come up with a theory on why the dinosaurs all vanished.  One day in the car he informed me of it: 

You see Mommy, I think that one day a big stone came out of the sky, and on the way down, it broke into little stones, and this only came down on the Dinosaur's world, not our world, so we didn't hear it.  So the little stones came down and smashed the dinosaurs on their heads, and their bones all got squished out of them, and they died.  And the bones then went into the dirt, so that is why we find their bones in the dirt.

I thought about what he said and then said to him, "Nathan, you could be absolutely right."  :-)

-I replaced the weather stripping on the front door, and now I am sanding and scraping the paint off the wood trim and then am going to prime and repaint it.  I am getting handy, who would have thought?!

-I washed a bunch of windows, then it rained and rained, and now they look like shit again.  Sorry, but they do.  I am done window washing.  I will wash them again only when I cannot stand to look out of them anymore. 

-Our hardwood floors have had the first dents and scratches put back into them by the kids, so it feels more like home again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment