Friday, June 15, 2012

Picnic just because...

Last Thursday was just a rough day at work - as I sat there crunching away at numbers, answering phone calls, and rushing to try to get everything done, I looked outside my office and thought what a nice day it was for a picnic and wished I was having one.

Then I remembered that I could -- so, when we got home I packed up sammies and snacks and drove to the park.  Chris wanted to exercise so I said, "fine, we will go to the park three miles away and you can run and meet us there."  It was windy and hot out - so he was going to definately get a workout!

We got there and the kids played...this park is the "Scoop Park". 




And here's the infamous "scoop"...


Evan's favorite part of parks lately is bridges.  He goes back and forth on them and giggles.  He even bailed last week-- rolled off one and fell on the ground.  I was worried but he got up and pulled the wood chips out of his mouth and went back on the bridge. 

We watched for Daddy, and when he came running up the path we all cheered!  Evan saw him and his little leggies went so fast trying to go see Daddy...

Then we had our picnic...

Nathan put every type of chip available in his sandwich...

Evan kept wiping his dang cheeto hands on my pants!  what a stinker!

Nathan examining an ant that came to visit...

The rock wall...

Whoa Evan, look at your hair! 

I wasn't sure if the kids had fun (ha ha) but it was confirmed later when Nathan asked, "can we have a picnic dinner again tomorrow night?"

No comments:

Post a Comment