Sunday, July 29, 2012

The crib is on it's way out...

One thing I hate about blogs is how people only post what they want you see about their life.

Don't get me wrong, I also love that about blogs.

But it does annoy me at times.  Some of the blogs I read are always talking about what people are doing/planning/buying next...how perfect their children are, how proud they are that everything goes according to plan, how shiny their car is, how many friends they hung with over the weekend, what they ate, how delicious it was... sometimes it is almost sickening.  although, you cannot almost blame them...who the frick wants to blog about real life half the time?  Some bloggers do and they have a wry sense of humor which makes me laugh, but most of us don't have that writing style since typically we are just talking about a few things in our lives and sharing pictures.  And who has the time.  (I can't sleep right now so I guess I do.)

Our life is not perfect.  I get anxiety because I try too hard to make it something I never can.  I have started to give that up.  God's in control.  Not me.  Not about anything.  All I can control, truly, are my thoughts and behavior.  frightening. 

So, anyways, I'd like to know what goes on in a real day for people. 

Lots of mornings I get up and feel crummy.  Last weekend, Evan was up off and on all night because of the thunder and lightning.  On the 5th time he started to cry, I heard a loud "thud" and even more crying.  I quickly went to his room.  He had escaped the crib, was standing on the floor, totally confused.   What he did I don't know. 

When I got up the next morning, I was feeling more lousy than usual.  argh.  morning anxiety is a B!TCH

But then I get to see this and smile and cheer up:   


But then I get annoyed because Nathan is going all ninja-crazy in the bed and so I have to calm him down. 

But then I get this: 


And this: 

Note the relatively clean floor above?  Yeah, that is because the kids made a frickin' mess during breakfast...how much actually got in them versus the floor?  Seriously. do they think I am a maid?  I asked Nathan this and he said, "yes".  Good thing he doesn't know what a maid is or I would have socked him one.  Okay, no I wouldn't have, but sometimes a mom does feel like that. 

After this Evan decided that berries were no longer something he liked and he squished every single berry he had (while I wasn't watching) until his bowl looked like some form of half done jam.  I sighed and tossed it as I didn't feel like eating berry mush. 

I went downstairs and the cats had made a mess too.  One barfed.  Oh the joys.  That's it! I decided.  And I went and told Daddy I was going to the bookstore to buy a book I have been longing to read.

As I grabbed my purse I saw a white car sitting out front of our house.  I look out the front window and this woman is sitting in the car clearly staring at our house/property.  So I watch her, and she is just staring.  And I am like, WTF.  It almost looked like she was watching someone in our backyard or something...there was no one there.  So, I tell Chris this and then I go and open the garage and hop in my car.  She speeds off...I back out and start to follow her, but she practically doesn't stop at the light, and books up like a bat out of hell up the road.  *totally creepy*  I move our Security Sign from behind the Shasta Daisies so it can be clearly seen.  Yeah, I know what you are thinking, "what good will that do?"  Made me feel better at least. 

When I got home I packed the kids up to head over to Grandma's because I "had to" pick onions that day.  I didn't want to.  Onions should stay in the ground as long as possible to keep well for the winter...especially for me since I do not have a "cool room".  Well, no dice, because others who also get onions from my parents decided to get onions that afternoon, so I had to go get onions or get left out in the cold.  seriously.   this is just one of those family things you can't do anything about either except shrug and say to yourself "people are ......(fill in the blank with words of your choice)". 

Anyways, so we went over, and I dripped sweat in the dang heat and I picked probably 100+ onions.  I am really thankful...the onions will last in my house usually until February or March even though I don't have a cool room.  Last year they did rot a lot and start sprouting early, but you can still eat them even if they sprout.  This year though, I read online about how to properly cure onions so they keep well.  You still need to store them in a cool place (35 to 40 degrees), which I can do in my garage when it gets cool.  But, until then, we will have to see how they survive. 

Here I am, curing my onions:


I did some yardwork too.  Hey, why not, I already reaked of onion. 

After all that, I decided the kids needed a good dinner, and I needed to use up some veggies, so I made a hotdish for Daddy and the kids.  But Daddy didn't eat the hotdish, he made himself cheese dip and then kids ate the hotdish.   

I was going over to a friends house that evening for a much needed break and to watch the end of the Bachelorette.   Yeah whatever, don't judge.  It is way better than watching one of the 50 shows with forensics where all you do is see people croak in disgusting ways and then have some morons try to figure out what happened.  You want a good mystery that won't gross you out (unless you have become completely desensitized by it) -- try Matlock.   They don't make them like that anymore....ha!  God Bless Andy Griffith.  Those were the days.

And yes, there are some snippets from my day last weekend.  Now that I have bored you to tears (if you made it through this long post) go have a Coke.  Doesn't that sound good? 

2 comments:

  1. Your yard looks SO good!! What was up with the creepy lady in the car. Hope she stays away!! Have you watched any of Bachelor Pad? Reality trashy tv at its absolute finest!!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am ashamed to admit I have enjoyed bachelor pad...it is so horrid but yet I watch it...argh!

      Delete